We are requesting information about possible tax abatement programs for our property in NYS

Hey John,

Thank you for your question! A good first point of contact who would have knowledge of tax abatement programs would be your local forester. You can use My Land Plan to check for one in your area.

Additionally, within New York State, here is the list of programs.

The New York Forest Tax Law is also here, including a specific set of frequently asked questions section.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions please feel free to email info@mylandplan.org


Daniel Hubbell