Hunt deer property has 8- 13 years Old pine

Want to leave it nature so wildlife would thrive. On a budget so trying to do the thinning myself so need some professional help. Thanks!

Hello Trieu,

Thank you for your question.  We have some resources on thinning that might be helpful.  If you are looking for some professional help, you could reach out to your state forestry agency or local extension foresters. They can provide you local resources and advice.  You can connect with a local forester on our Forester Directory.  We have some instructions available to help walk you through this process of connecting to our 460 plus foresters from around the country.  Through your account, you can Request a Consultation and share a read-only version of your map and goals. 

You might also consider hiring a consulting forester if this is something you are interested in doing into the future. We also have some helpful content around Choosing a Consulting Forester and Finding and Hiring a Consulting Forester

Hope that helps.

Caroline Kuebler

Program Manager for