I have about 20 acres of land that I would like to cut down some of the trees on for profit.

It is mostly woods that has been untouched for 70+ years.

I would start by calling your state forestry commission and asking for a consultation with one of their staff forestry.  They can advise if your property needs regeneration harvesting, thinning, or any other silvicultural needs.