I have an "island" of land that is accessed across a river/creek and is the only access point, when it rains the water fills up the "gully" and accessed cannot be attained. What do you think is the best method of creating a crossing from main road to the

Hello Alan,

Best Management Practices were developed to ensure that forestry practices minimize their impact on water quality.  In some states these practices are required for woodland owners.  Check out your state's Best Management Practices

There are some good resources on ways to ensure that any road construction minimize their impact on water quality. 

You might also want to talk to your state forestry agency or local extension foresters.  We have some instructions available to help walk you through this process of connecting to our 460 plus foresters from around the country.  Through your account, you can Request a Consultation and share a read-only version of your map and goals. 

Hope that helps.

Caroline Kuebler

Program Manager for MyLandPlan.org