Just bought 17 acres of land in Kansas along a river. How do I contact Forestry personnel for information?

Hello Alan,

I would recommend reaching out to a local forester.  You might want to talk to your state forestry agency or local extension foresters or consider hiring a consulting forester to help you plan for the future of your land.  We have some instructions available to help walk you through this process of connecting to our 460 plus foresters from around the country.  Through your account, you can Request a Consultation and share a read-only version of your map and goals. 

We also have some helpful content around Choosing a Consulting Forester and Finding and Hiring a Consulting Forester

Hope that helps.

Caroline Kuebler

Program Manager for MyLandPlan.org