Road Improvement

I was trying to find out of there are any programs that help with improving the off-road Jeep/ATV trails on the property. We wanted to install culverts over the streams to cut down on the sediment that goes into the stream and install water breaks on the trails to prevent water from eroding the trails.

Hello Eric,

Sorry for the delay in getting you a response.  I check in with a couple foresters from the Virginia Department of Forestry and they both recommended the following:

Check with their local Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) agent or Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD), often they are in the same offices, about cost-share for soil stabilization for water quality and Best Management Practices (BMP’s).

Thank you for your question!

Caroline Kuebler

Project Manager for My Land Plan